Gillian Community

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
PoLLy

Féminin Nombre de messages : 13135

MessageSujet: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Ven 12 Jan - 3:41:54

commentraires des gagnants, en bref, le film est trop court, il se passe plein de choses, deux retournements majeurs de situations.
Danny Dyer n'est pas spécialement exceptionnel mais Gillian s'est tout simplement surpassée et s'est donnée une nouvelle dimension à travers ce film. Elle est totalement crédible et incroyable dans le film, elle joue à merveille la femme brisée qui chercher sa vengeance.
bref le film est trop à voir malgré quelques "incohérences"!

En anglais, la flemme de tout traduire! lol

Acanthis :

Citation :
Report: Straightheads Screening 11-JAN-2007

Maybe I'll expand on this at a later date. Sorry for typos. This is rushed.

Firstly, thanks to Julia and Claire at Verve, and to Alistair for making us feel welcome and organising the whole event which went off very smoothly. It was also nice to meet Sarah, Sophie, Carlotta and friends. I understand Alistair will be putting one or more photos of the event on the blog.

The screening was held at a cinema (Cineworld, I think) very close to Piccadilly Circus. The auditorium was slightly over half full. Nobody left before the film finished, which is a good sign.

I'm going to start with a gripe just to get it out of the way. Perhaps it was just me, but I found the quality of the print to be below standard. I assume this was a preview print that had seen much use, because I certainly wouldn't expect to go to the cinema and see the amount of scratches, blotches and other defects that I saw at numerous points in this print. I was also surprised at the high level of grain and (to my eyes) the rather washed out colour. I know Super 16 is a compromise, and maybe I've become spoiled by watching too much HD, but this looked rough to me.

Anyway, on to the performances.

Gillian is, as we would expect, utterly compelling. She delivers an astonishing range of emotions with such conviction that you can totally believe in her character, even in some of the - shall we say - less than credible moments. I think Gillian may well have just set a new standard by which her future performances will be judged. For me, personally, this was her best yet, and there's one reason why I say that: At the end, I really didn't know whether I liked Alice very much at all. Gillian's Alice is sexy, powerful, obsessed, even vulnerable ... and horrifyingly believable. Adam may have had the time of his life against the sex tree but he pays a terrible price for it, almost entirely because of Alice. So, one word from me to summarise Gillian's performance: exceptional. She makes the film - and I do not understate that.

As for Danny. I'm really sorry; I wanted to give him a fair crack at the whip, but I just don't like his acting. Maybe the ladies in the group will have a more positive assessment to offer, but I found his use of swearing without visible emotional state to be jarring. There are a couple of scenes where he raises his game, but basically it's "F**k this", "F**k that". Essentially Danny and Adam are one and the same. There is no distinction. As I say, there are a couple of key scenes where he raises his performance, and credit is due for those, but overall he didn't convince me. Fortunately, Gillian's Alice is such an overwhelming character that this does not become as distracting as it might be.

The story: You already know it, really. However, there is a very clever twist around 2/3 way through that I didn't expect and I don't think you will either. Actually there are, strictly speaking, two twists that I don't think anyone will expect. This story is not as straightforward as it looks. Overall, the plot moves along at a rattling pace. So quickly that you don't have time to question one or two unbelievable moments. It's a powerful tale, all about the journeys that two people make and the impact of their actions on themselves and others. For me, it is a little too short, but the editing and pace cannot really be faulted. It is very violent in places, but I have seen worse. Some people may find themselves turning away in certain scenes, especially during the attack on Adam and Alice.

The overall "vibe" of the audience seemed positive, although there were a few laughs where I don't think the scene was intended to be humorous - possibly that was a way of dealing with the intensity of the events on the screen.

Music: The music is quite understated in places and then suddenly jumps out at you. It's moody, with some disturbing rhythms and a kind of ultra-low frequency resonance in places (I'm not good with musical terms, sorry) I think Shamrock mentioned that she really didn't notice the music, I can understand that. It's there, but it isn't in your face - otoh I have no doubt that it plays a significant part in maintaining an air of menace and edginess. I don't remember hearing the Endtroducing "Building Steam" track from the promo in the film, but I may have missed it. I was very much concentrating on Gillian's performance (captivated would be a better word)

Finally, for those who want to know, we do get to see Gillian's bare breasts. I counted three specific occasions. No other intimate parts of her anatomy are revealed. She looks fantastic ... but it's her acting that really captivates you (honest!)

Overall score: 8/10
Recommendation: Go and see it, but be aware that it does contain violent scenes that will be disturbing to some.

Sarah

Citation :
Sarah (elle en dira plus demain, Acanthis n'est pas allé au pub pour rejoindre Dan après le film mais Sarah y a été)

1 : Just popping my head in before I hit the pillow.

Firstly it was lovely to meet everyone! And Alistair, Julia and co were very welcoming and made sure we were looked after. I went to the pub after and met Dan who was also very nice.

I will comment in more detail tomorrow(as I want nothing more than to sleep now!) but I just have to say this film is an absolute must-see. While I agree that some moments will be disturbing to a fair few I believe that they are worth braving for the simple fact that you will not regret the 'experience'. I may not be making sense here, and for that I apologise but I my mind is still buzzing from the effect Straightheads has had. For the first time in.... i don't know when, i have come out of the cinema really 'thinking' about what I have just seen. Gillian is in another class, her portrayal of Alice immediately after the attack was simply breathtaking and has affected me more deeply than I first thought. This may sound silly, but she is so 'believable' as a woman going through, and attempting to deal with an absolutely horrific event in her life. I agree with Adrian, she may have just out-done herself in this one, she was totally and utterly captivating.
Just briefly (again i will happily expand tomorrow) I personally was impressed by Danny Dyer's performance. Admittedly he was not in the same league as Gillian, but I found him better than I expected, especially in some of the more intense scenes.
My biggest disappointment was the running time indicating to me that a lot of the film ended up on the cutting room floor, as a result it seems that some plot elements were simply discarded.

To end, I found SH to be an incredibly intense film, helped more so by the lack of music (or music that I hardly noticed) which made the film seem all the more 'real' to me and this in turn made my viewing experience that much more intense.

I am certain the reviewer at the start of this thread was not watching the same film as me!

sarah

PS. I personally think the presence of laughter in what would seem odd moments was due to the intensity of the film, it was almost like the audience were unconciously seeking to break the tension somehow... make sense??

2 (toujours Sarah)

Okay, head is so near my pillow now, but before I go I just wanted to comment on the Alice-like/dislike issue.

In the beginning I think I felt envy - she is a powerful, beautiful, strong, successful career woman.
After the attack I had very strong reactions to her - deep deep sympathy (of course).... I was distraught and disturbed and the sheer lack of control she had/or not over what was happening to her... and I felt something else which i cannot really name at this moment... maybe tomorrow when i am more awake.
I think by the end I liked her and felt bad for liking her because of some of the things she had done... it was strange. I guess I liked the way she snatched back her control and became impowered again and for the way she did it (as odd as that sounds) but then I guess I felt guilty for feeling this way because what she does is essentially 'wrong'.

Perhaps my reaction is different to Adrian's for the simple fact that I am a woman and he is a man... I am not sure.

sarah
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://andreaparcoeur.skyblog.com
Clem
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Ven 12 Jan - 4:38:51

Rhoo merci Polly !
Je suis rassurée de lire ça ! Je n'ai pas douté une seule seconde de la performance de Gillian mais du film..un peu.
Il a l'air à la hauteur de nos espérances et ça fait du bien !
J'ai presque encore plus envie de le voir qu'avant (si c'est possible Razz )
Et gillian doit vraiment être fabuleuse ..
loulou

Masculin Nombre de messages : 7046

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Ven 12 Jan - 10:46:59

Polly tu as lu la review d'un cautre mec un super doué du ciné qui a aussi été invité?
Pour lui ce film c'est de la merde, totalement irrealisable et insensé.

oups ca fait peur...

Spoiler:

oh c'etait pour rajouter... on ne voit pas de"young Alice" dasn le film... l'histoire de la jeune alice dasn les bois qui court, dasn la riviere en train de couler machin.... NADA!!!
alors soit c'est pas elle soit ils ont fait mumuse pendant le montage...
SYMPA!!!
MeryliciOus
Admin et Scribouilleuse de fanfics

Féminin Nombre de messages : 6404
Localisation : Dans un magasin de fleurs, hésitant entre les pois de senteur et une brassée de rOses.

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Ven 12 Jan - 11:27:25

Eh bien les avis sont assez divergents, c'est le moins que l'on puisse dire....a pas peur, le film a l'air quand même bien..non? lol!

Fan.Fan.Fan.Fan.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://casisiempre.skyblog.com/
loulou

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Ven 12 Jan - 11:31:06

Je pensais qu'au delà de Gillian , le film avait l'air genat....montage , ambiance, acteurs et realisation mais maintenant je suis pas très optmiste..;

mais ce que je retiens c'est que Gillian est magistrale et surprenante , c'est tout ce qu'il me fallait!
Pour que ce soit son "meilleur role" jusqu'à maintenant...
Je pense qu'elle doit dechirer pour rester correcte lol!
LuLu
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Ven 12 Jan - 12:53:57

merciiii !
Moi je me fie rarement aux critiques ... Si je veux le voir c'est pas elles qui vont m'en empecher ... J'attend avec impatience la sortiiiie !
PoLLy

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Ven 12 Jan - 13:03:08

rho Poucky, j'ai fait exprès de pas mettre le lien pour déprimer personne!!! lol!

oui nan mais le mec il est méchant, je suis pas sûre qu'ils soit très objectif non plus!! loool Nan mais bref, à priori le film est moyen mais Gillian déchire, moi c'est tout ce qui m'importe! lol mais Gillian mériterait tellement de jouer dans un film mortellissime!!!
Dine

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1598

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Ven 12 Jan - 13:05:56

Pareil je me fis pas aux critiques, si j'ai vraiment envie de le voir j'y vais et je m'en fout de ce que pense les autres !
Vivement qu'il sorteeeeeeeeee !
Clem
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Ven 12 Jan - 13:42:43

Mmouais, il me gêne un peu l'autre avec son article. Il faudrait encore plus d'avis sur le film pour vraiment tenter d'avoir une opinion plus "vraie" Rolling Eyes
Sarah et Acanthis disent bien qu'il y a eu des rires dans la salle et l'article de l'autre confirme bien le fait que certains peuvent y voir une parodie affraid (enfin si j'ai bien compris Suspect )
Mais bon, tous les films ne peuvent pas récolter d'avis positifs de la part de tout le monde.
En fait la seule chose bien dont on est sûr sur ce film c'est que Gillian y est renversante, c'est déja ça mais je suis pas sûre que ça donne envie aux gens de le voir.
PoLLy

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Ven 12 Jan - 13:53:29

ouaais et puis l'histoire des rires ça veut rien dire, parce que par exemple, pour mon annif à 12ans, je suis allée voir Le Pacte de Loups et au début, ya une nana qui se fait exploser la gueule contre un rocher et t'en as la moitié dans la salle qui se cachaient les yeux et moi je rigolais! pourtant la scène n'était pas drôle ou mal faite, c'est juste que je sais pas, c'est une réaction comme ça! lol
¤JeNy¤

Féminin Nombre de messages : 5272

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Ven 12 Jan - 14:04:51

Ben moi j'ai toujours autant envie de voir ce film, le mec a pas l'air très objectif mais bon, chacun perçoit un film différemment. Je ne me fie pas énormément aux critiques non plus, même si je suis persuadée que Gillian est grandiose dedans et que sans elle bah il reste pas grand chose finalement... Enfin si mais bon, voilà...
Merci les filles!
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://attrapez-mOi.skyblog.com
élOdy

Féminin Nombre de messages : 2668

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Ven 12 Jan - 15:03:14

Pareil, les critiques...bof!
Comme pour Trust The Man: ils avaient été séveres, mais rien qu'en voyant la vid' de Timmy, ca m'a donné envie...
Mais merci ca fait plaisir de voir qu'ils aient aimé!!
J'ai haaaaate!!
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://an0ther-path.com/
Mary

Féminin Nombre de messages : 906

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Ven 12 Jan - 18:37:13

Pareil je fais pas très attention aux critiques, tout le monde va le percevoir différemment mais une chose est sûr j'ai vraiment hâte de le voir
loulou

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Ven 12 Jan - 21:59:26

Citation :
When I wrote that last night it was an attempt of personal analysis of why Adrian saw the film differently to myself - ie. the Alice like/dislike issue. My opinion hasn't changed, as a woman and as a human who has an overwhelming need to be 'in control' constantly I found myself drawing parallels with Alices character, I suppose then for that reason I found the attack exceptionally effecting, not simply because of the violent nature but because of the added horror of the inconceivable loss of control. A lesser actress may have played the immediate aftermath differently and I may have not come away feeling like I did and STILL feeling the absolute horror deep to the bones. This is not to say that it is unwatchable, quite the opposite. The thing is Gillian is just astonishingly mesmerising, the more horrific it seems the more you just cannot take your eyes off her. There are a couple of images in particular that have been haunting me since last night and I would be very interested to compare with other woman in april as to whether they experience the same.

For now I'll end to by saying even though I have said this before it is certainly worth reiterating in reference to this film - I have never seen an actress more capable of conveying so much without saying a word. Be prepared people because she not only says it in her eyes, she uses her entire body. She is simply outstanding and I hope beyond hope that she is credited as she deserves for this psychological masterpiece.

HAHAHA une autre tite review de sarah et boudiou j'ai envie de le voir!!!
Gillian doit etre epoustouflanteee affraid affraid affraid
PoLLy

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Ven 12 Jan - 22:59:05

achevez-moi!!!!!!!!!! affraid affraid affraid putain, elle doit être hallucinante Gillian dedans!! je prie pour qu'elle soit reconnue purée!!!
¤JeNy¤

Féminin Nombre de messages : 5272

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Ven 12 Jan - 23:02:02

Haaaaaaaaaan ça donne trop enviiiiiiiiiiiiiie! Mon Dieu j'ai hâte, Gillian va m'achever c'est sûr...
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://attrapez-mOi.skyblog.com
Clem
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Sam 13 Jan - 0:31:54

Boudiou mais je tiendrai jamais bounce !!!

J'ai une question: "astonishingly mesmerising" ça veut dire quoi ? Embarassed
PoLLy

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Sam 13 Jan - 0:33:18

"étonnement hypnotisante"!!! j'adooore!!!
Clem
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Sam 13 Jan - 0:36:38

PoLLy a écrit:
"étonnement hypnotisante"!!! j'adooore!!!

AAh merci ! On ne va pas pouvoir décoler les yeux de l'écran une seule seconde devant ce film
trust_no1

Féminin Nombre de messages : 2085

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Sam 13 Jan - 2:04:51

WOW JE CAPOTE !!!!

moi j'ai trop hate de le voir bounce ... tout ca en plus fait que je suis de plus en plus impatiente de voir le film la !!! il est temps qu'il sorte !!! et en plus... IL EST ENCORE PLUS TEMPS QUE QUELQU'UN AUTRE QUE NOUS RECONNAISSE GILLIAN !!! en tk... que le film soit nulle ou pas... ca m'étonne pas que GIllian soit complètement génial dans ce film... de toute manière... QUAND N'A-T'ELLE PAS ÉTÉ GÉNIAL scratch !!!
élOdy

Féminin Nombre de messages : 2668

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   Sam 13 Jan - 2:18:13

trust_no1 a écrit:
QUAND N'A-T'ELLE PAS ÉTÉ GÉNIAL scratch !!!

est ce une question à poser non!?mdr
Mais j'espère que ce film sera la consécration...pck en fait, ce rôle et le plus "prometteur(c'est ps le bon terme...mais je le trouve pô!)pckelle tient un super bon rôle, et qu'il est super accessible(bon, mis à part le fait qu'ilsoit interdi pour les plus jeunes!lol)
J'espère que ca va marcher!! Rolling Eyes
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://an0ther-path.com/
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah   

Commentaire d'Acanthis et Sarah
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1